IBW - What's it all about?
International Beading Week (IBW) started in 2015 as a ‘National event’ in the UK. It soon grew into a worldwide event which prompted the Guild to rebrand as ‘International Beading Week ‘(IBW).
During IBW we celebrate our passion for stitching with beads. We want to tell the world that beading is a therapeutic pastime, which helps people with their wellbeing, whilst educating and encouraging the wider public to participate and have some fun, sharing our love of beading.
The Guild are so proud of how this event has grown over the years and that beaders from all around the world want to participate.
We encourage you to join our week of beading celebrations, so please view the activities below.
Get involved and celebrate the joy of beading
International Beading Week is open to everyone who has a passion for beadwork or who would like to learn more about this joyous art form. Wherever you are in the world you can get involved by:
- Posting images of your IBW makes on our IBW Facebook page
- Booking an online social event with the Guild to talk all things beady. Our online social events are FREE to attend and open to all.
- Organising a social event with your local bead group or at a local bead shop
- Organising an exhibition of work with your local bead group
- Inviting a tutor to teach a workshop at your local bead group and/or online
- Entering the Beadworkers Guild prize draw or competitions